My Notes, From A Ravenclaw (Year 1)
These are my notes for all classes through year 1. There are 7 course in the first year. Charms, History of Magic, Herbology, Potions, Transfiguration, DADA, and Astronomy. I will add as I am able. Please check back for new content.
Please keep in mind, these are only major points and not to be substituted for the actual lessons!
Hom 101 Week 3
1933 Muggle archaeologists named the people who first came to America the "Clovis", magical historians (like Utoipius Black) had deemed these people the Kaia-Vaha.
1935 at a large wizarding history conference in Vienna wizard-kind decided to dump the name Kaia-Vaha and side with the Muggles in their naming these people "The Clovis"
"The Va Oua"
- two birds that strongly resemble phoenixes
- brought these birds with them for their healing powers.
- laying out stone work, an early form of protective enchantment that they would use to ward off bad spirits
- megafauna, ferocious beasts
- many clovis died out during what was known as The Mass Cooling.witches and wizards could use warming charms, many muggles died of hypothermia
- first use of hierarchy
- the rulers and the shamans
- muggle priests, while artisans, laborers, and farmers were even further beneath them.
- rulers were representatives of the gods, so when a young wizard showed
their power, it seemed natural that they would be one of the next rulers
- The Great Pyramid, located in the pre-Columbian (or pre-historical American), archaeological site of La Venta, in Tobasco Mexico
- other well known artifacts of the Olmec people are their giant heads
- Colossal Heads can still be found today in places like La Venta, or at the Villahermosa Magical Excavation Museum
- mesoamerican peoples who lived around the same time as the Olmec did
- Early and Middle pre-classical Maya, covering from 2,000 B.C.E. to 400 B.C.E.
- first people to form village-oriented lifestyles
- used jade,and most notably obsidian, first form of divination
- magical historians like Professor Anne Barkum believe such things, think that the Maya were the first diviners.
- had a writing system, a language, and an entire sociology
if you note a problem with this entry, please let me know. Thank you.