First Years Guide to Ace Potions: A Study Guide
This book is intended for all who need a quick study reference guide for PTNS-101. It has a glossary of terms & its appropriate meanings for the entire course. Each chapter is based on a lesson; where it won't go into grave detail, but will give you the necessary components to study for upcoming tests & assignments. This does not include mid-term & final exams. All detailed information about each topic is in your official lessons with the Professor. DO NOT COPY AS IT IS PLAGIARISM!
Lesson Eight: The Forgetfulness Potion Part 1 Study Guide
This style of the potion is made in pewter cauldrons & uses Celsius temperature.
Estimated Brewing Time (EBT): 50 minutes, 20 seconds
⊱ 2 drops of Lethe river water
⊱ 2 valerian sprigs
⊱ 4 mistletoe berries
⊱ 2 spoonsful of honey or 2 measures of mint leaves (optional)
Instructions Part One
1. Add 2 drops of Lethe river water.
2. Heat cauldron to 121 degrees Celsius for 20 seconds, then turn down the heat.
3. Add 2 valerian sprigs & use your wand to magically stir clockwise 3 times.
4. Brew the potion for 30 minutes. The potion should be a deep blue & should have red sparks.
Instructions Part Two
1. Add 4 mistletoe berries to the mortar.
2. Optional: Add 2 spoonsful of honey or 2 measures of mint leaves to the mortar.
3. Grind with the pestle until mixed well enough. Add 2 measures of the mixture to the cauldron & stir counter-clockwise 5 times.
4. Brew the potion for 20 minutes.
5. Take the potion off of the flame. The potion should be an orange-red color with sparks. It will smell either honey, mint, or burnt cinnamon (if no flavored items were chosen).
6. Stir with a wooden spoon & use a funnel to bottle it for storage.
Usually can last six to eight hours. Do not take this potion when you have to make very important decisions. Anyone who has brain issues should avoid this potion, as it can cause permanent memory loss. Children under the age of five or pregnant women should never take it due to damaging brain development. Store this potion in room temperature for two days & then store in complete darkness in a cool place for six months.